View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChoosingRealJoy

Talking Over 3 Weeks without a drop of poison!

It's been more than 3 weeks now since I've had a sip! Sobriety is great. Much better than all the junk that went with being drunk. I can think better, I feel better, I act better, I'm getting more things done, I'm more efficient.

It's still a little awkward - I'm a little more serious than I used to be (imagine that), but I still make a point to have fun at every turn and I have learned that I can have just as much fun sober as I could drunk. And now I always remember the good times! It is a transition though.

I also am finding myself over analyzing every ache & pain and blaming it on how hard I've been on my liver and heart because of my heavy drinking. I just noticed that - soon I'll get a hangnail and blame myself for being such a stupid overdrinker and causing the hangnail. lol

To all those that are just starting their journey towards sobriety, good luck. I tried before and didn't take it as seriously as I am this time. This time I'm doing it. It's working. My determination and drive and my God's blessings on me to quit will not fail. And I'm determined not to look back either. That's hard for me. If I allow myself the luxury of looking back at how awful I was just less than a month ago I can get really down on myself and that does not fit in my recovery plan. Never look back - just forward.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.