View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by lovinmenow View Post
Aside from this relapse, 6 months without booze is the longest I have spent in 15 years. I have made progress. Just had a setback and I really need to get back on track.

I beg to differ. You may have spared your body and mind the effects of drinking over the last six months, but I don't see where you've made any progress.

Hey Tazman, you are absolutely right. It is forced sobriety but hey, I will take it any way I can get it. Why do I drink?
Would be nice if that plan of action worked, but if you take the time you will read countless stories of alcoholic-and addicts, for that matter-that had to undergo periods of enforced sobriety, when the restraints were taken away, they took right back up where they left off. You drink because you have a drinking problem.

Have you evey met anyone who drank because they are happy? I need to start a new thread on the roots of drinking.
And then....what? You figure out all of the reasons-excuses-you use to justify drinking, the obsession to drink is lifted? Let us know how that works out.