View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovinmenow
Too far from the beach

8am Wal Mart booze run I am so ashamed

So, after six months on antabuse, (you know the drug that makes you real sick if you drink) I went off last week just from pure laziness to take the meds. Was off for 8 days.

Monday the little voice said "why not buy a bottle of wine and make a nice dinner and relax and watch Dancing with the Stars." Well, that bottle was gone by Tuesday morning when I start feeling like crap so I went to the liquer store and bought a six pack of Sminoff Ice and a little bottle of Vodka. Finished that last night about 7pm and spent all night last night puking and pooping!

No sleep. A little shaky but in my craving to feel more normal I made a Wal Mart booze run this morning. I bought a bunch of groceries and a four pack of little bottles of wine. Tapering off now and I swear I will do it.

I did it before to go on the meds to begin with. I will all let you know of my progress.

I must say for the past several months it has been bliss and I really felt like a normal person. As long as I stayed on my meds I was fine and frankly I thought about drinking many times but I couldn't and would just go home and immediately take my pill. Lots of energy and my mind came back sharp.

I will take it again on Friday and get my SH)t back together.

Just had to test my "normalness" and I failed big time. I am so ashamed. Who else but drunks buy booze at 8am? I am sure I fooled no one.