View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR serenelife, I like your moniker btw, is not a serene life what we all really seek in the long run?

Now here is a suggestion, take some action and go to Alcoholics Anonymous : How to Find A.A. Meetings and locate an AA meeting for every night of the week and write them down. Take that list and put it in your car. Now next time you find your self heading out to get some wine, grab that list and go to an AA meeting instead!!! I have never seen wine on sale at an AA meeting! LOL

An even better idea is to call the AA hotline in your area and ask questions. The person who you speak to will be a recovering alcoholic, as a result if you told them just what you told us they would know exactly what that is like.

Not sure of the ages of your kids, but if they are in school you may find some ladies only meetings to go to during the day or if your husband is willing to babysit perhaps at night as well.

I would imagine your husband would be more then willing to babysit.

We are all here to support each other and offer our own experience, strength and hope to each other. Please ask questions, we will be more then happy to answer them.