Thread: Can I go to AA?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Charmie

well mandyana,you have been busy today! wow,making amends already! lol,,,,anyways,yes you cant pm until 5 posts,sorry i forgot! good for you for getting stuck in with the meetings and all.its taken me a few months to find the meetings that suit me but i also attend others for the newcomer coming through the door.keep us posted with how it goes at the newcomers meeting! be open minded,honest and willing,give it your best shot and you will be ok.the going out for a few is normal i would say,if you are like me and are alcoholic.its the great obsession of the alcoholic that one day we will be able to drink like "normal " folk.but you will learn all about this and what alcoholism really is.i suggest at your next meeting you see if you can get the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous,you should hopefully be able to buy one for around £7 or some nice person may be able to give you one.read the doctors opinion and bills story in it and see if you think you can find yourself in there.your in my prayers.