Thread: Can I go to AA?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
mandyana

Hello,

Today was a very positive day for me. I went to AA, felt very nervous and was much busier than I thought. A woman came up to me at the end and gave me her business card and said to call her as a friend if I wanted to talk about anything. Heard a lot of stories and can see a lot of people still struggle 2 years or so later, which I knew to expect yet still a bit hard to hear. My BF has been great and dropped me off, he was like a proud parent waving his kid off on their 1st day of school, telling me not to be nervous and everything-I had not realised how much it has all effected him, despite him repeatidly telling me to stop.

I also told my boss as I have missed a lot of work an the man from the kebab shop had came in shouting at him(we are in the same street as the shop). Talk about sh!tting on your doorstep ! He had said he was going to have a chat to me about my drinking and recommend AA as he has alcoholics in the family. I then went in to apologise to the shopowner and workers who were at first annoyed then very nice and appreciated me coming in. I need to pay for the car, which is only 100€ and hopefully means there will be no charges and just the kick up the arse that I needed.

After all this, yes-i would still like to out for a few tonight-which I cannot get my head around!! But going to try an cook a nice meal for my BF getting home from work and get my mind off it. Also going to an AA beginners meeting on Thur, it will be nice to be starting at the same stage as others.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and all the comments. Really glad that Ifound the site, as I was looking forward to coming home and telling you all after I'd finished all the deeds of the day.
:ghug2