Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
*shrug* No worries, he's an idiot anyway.
Good. Screw toxic people.

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I think I'm back to good. It's going to be ok. Thanks once again for your words of encouragement the last few days. Guess what though? I stayed SOBER through it the whole time. That's awesome. I wanted to drink, I wanted to get dope. I didn't do it though. And I feel better for it. I'm awesome. Haha

Big huge smiles for you. Just hang in there, gneiss.

I had a bit of a scare last night. I called the bank line and it said that both my checking and savings were at 0.00. I got....upset. I didn't drink...but I did buy a pack of cigs. Up until last night I had been 18 days smoke free. Had one. It tasted nasty. Oh, well.

I called the line this morning and everything was okay. They must have been having some technical problems....If I hadn't checked the line again I probably would have made a fool of myself at the bank.

Normally I'd get bombed after something like that...but as it was I really didn't have any money to spend. I told my mom I wanted to get some cigarettes. She said, "Do you need some money?" and laughed herself silly. Got me to laugh.

I hope I don't give the impression that being sober is always so wonderful. Truth is it's not. I still have some really bad days. On the whole, though, everything is better. At least I don't have to worry about my organs nearly as much...and having a clear mind is very nice. As more time passes I can better handle my emotions. It's a long, bumpy road.