Thread: in A God Funk
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Goat do you think AA in Isreal only works for those with a Christian God, or in Turkey?

Goat my concept of a HP whom out of convinance more then anything I choose to call God could be a Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Hindu or what ever.

In my area no one is shunned or the like for being aethiest, agnostic, Buddist, etc..... we understand that it is thier conception that works for them and that is what matters.

I have been to many meetings where God/Higher Powers have been brought up, but not defined as Christian or what ever.

Having never seen my HP I have no idea if He is a he or a she, if He wears robes, is black or white, I could care less, we have a connection, He has my back and He loves me, & guides me when I listen.

Goat if what you say is true I would say 2 things:

1. There is no reason in a meeting to state what your HP is or is not.

2. If the meetings you go to have folks like that I would suggest finding some different meetings, I have never had any one in my area or outside of it try to convert me to anything, heck I have never even been asked to attend some ones church, temple or synagouge.

I can say with complete love for the program that there is enough hypocrisy and "talking of the walk" in the rooms of AA that whatever you draw strength from is your business and not open to others judgment, whether implicit or direct. Keep walking your walk.
I totally concur.