View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
vegibean

Trish, I can relate some what. I know when going through treatment some of the stories I heard of what the other women went through was heart breaking. The life they had from the get go was horrible. How could I compare myself to them? I had a decent life. I won't call it all a bed of roses though because it wasn't but when compared to others? Yes, I see the difference.

You have a lot to share. Your posts are always so insightful, you have been there, I don't think it matters where you come from but what you've been through. Where could you still be today? You've made a choice to make your life better for you and that will give others hope. People need to know they are not alone in coming from the pits of hell and that life can get better.

I think the most comforting thing in my going through treatment and talking to counselors were the ones that had been there done that and to see them doing well showed me that it could be done.

One of the most inspirational stories is this gal who was a hard core crack cocaine addict. She put herself through law school, passed the bar here in FL., became an associate in a Law Firm and today has her own office. How cool is that? Hearing her story has inspired me to want to achieve all of my dreams and use what I know and where I've been to help another person which is why I'm choosing my degree. I know I can make a difference and I know that with what I've been through it's going to help someone else who is about to travel the same road we have.

You're great Girl!!! I know that you're going to be awesome at what ever it is that you'll end up doing. Maybe not everyone is going to like you (there's always someone) but I bet you'll make a difference in so many lives. So go get 'em!!!! You're gonna ROCK!!!!