Old 10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I was pretty crazy for almost the first 9 years of my sobriety, but it was more a depression 'crazy' constantly fighting depression. I then went into a 'manic' state that wouldn't stop. I started checking around at my different meetings and seeing who was on my 'health care provider list' from my HMO and found a Psych Dr that had and was working with many alcoholics. She was great. After undergoing a complete physical, she diagnosed me as Bipolar. Now the funny part of this was back in '72 (while still in the throes of alcoholism) I had been diagnosed as manic depressive (bipolar)/schizophenic.

It took my Psych Dr almost 5 years to finally find a combination of medications then out that helped me. There are some great meds out there today to help with mental illness but they all work differently on different people.

If you are not happy with this Dr or do not fully trust this Dr then it is time to find one that you do trust. Drinking while on these medications is a definite NO NO and is only going to make your problems worse, never better.

Please go back to your Dr or find another one who may understand better than your current Dr.

Yes, I know many of us can obsess over medical issues in particular. I have had 2 legitimate cancer scares and about 250 that were my head going haywire.

Yes, the Swine Flu can be scary. Talk to your regular Dr and get their 'honest opinion' on how susceptible you are or could be. The ones it seems to be hitting hardest are the young children with asthma and the elderly with lung problems. Get some face masks at the drug store, so you can go to your group meetings or your AA meetings.

The one thing that you are playing with fire with is drinking while on the medications you are on. Please go see your Doctor(s) and get some help.

J M H O

Love and hugs,