Old 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovered1

Originally Posted by least View Post
I am a recovering alcoholic diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and bipolar. Am on three meds and so far I'm hanging on pretty well. I have my good days and bad days, but one thing I know for sure is that drinking will make my mental illness worse. Besides, it doesn't do much good to take antidepressants if you're drinking as alcohol is a depressant. If you're not satisfied with your doctor, could you find another one? Drinking isn't much of a solution for mental illness, believe me, I know.

:ghug2
Thanks, he is a good Dr but I am a challenge. He has told me I'll be ok, but I don't believe him. It's not him, it's me. I've just latched onto this whole swine flu thing and have spent hours on the Internet reading all sorts of horrible things. I don't know what's happened but all of a sudden I have this OCD thing going on much worse than ever. I couldn't stop with the obsession so I drank. I am glad you are doing pretty well. Having both things (addiction and MI) is not fun. I see why people have a hard time staying sober when dealing with mental illness. It can most likely be done though. I can handle the depression, the phobias and the bipolar, but the OCD is doing me in.