Thread: Intervention?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spoiledogz

Intervention?

Last time I was here, my 26 yr old AD was going into detox and then into a rehab facility. She stayed about 3 weeks in rehab and seemed good when she got out. I know that she needs LONG TERM therapy and drug counseling, but without private funds, the state doesn't provide that much long-term inpatient care. We are in TX.

That was 2 yrs ago. Since then, she has married and is now going through a divorce. She is back to topless dancing and "swindling" old men out of money to survive! Her current bf is a nice enough guy and he has been confiding in me some of the things she is currently doing. He is not using. She is back to Xanax again and he told me today that he caught her smoking ice. At one point, she took a whole handful of xanax and told him she was going to take all of them and kill herself. Thankfully, he got them away from her.

My question to all of you is, does intervention work?? I can find places to take her and I am sure she would go, but if it isn't her idea in the first place, what are the odds that it will work? Long term? She is a master at telling people what they want to hear.

I am a control freak kind of mom and this is KILLING ME!! I guess that is why I want to take her to get treated.

Thoughts?