View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sograteful

Nice to 'meet you' , GiveLove.

I wouldn't put myself ahead of anyone --some days are harder than others. Trust me. I've just been given the tools from my therapist --it doesn't necessarily mean I'm always 100% at using them. Sigh. We're all human. Don't beat yourself up.

It's interesting how our stories collide w/ step-mothers, etc. Thanks for the hug. One of the things I've been working on lately is that my chosen family is just as powerful as the family I'm missing. We've learned to surround ourselves with great friends for every holiday ---we have a huge Italian family (one of my best friends and her entire immediate and extended family) who have taken us in as their own. We are extremely grateful. We either choose to have a peaceful holiday at our own home or we're always invited to their big events. Having the power to select the people who make us happy is amazing.......it's taken awhile to get there....and I still miss my real family like mad, of course........but we're never really lonely, thank goodness. We're grateful.

Hugs back....thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the support --it's coming right back at you.

xo