Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Obviously I don't know the full story but every time you post about relapsing or partying your roomate seems to loom large.

I think whether you are ready for it or not the relationship has to change in someway because it does seem like you are dancing to his tune.

Again I say I don't know the full story I am only going from your past posts but I couldn't stay in any kind of relationship with someone that basically drove me to drink

Really really look at what you are getting from this guy in terms of emotional happiness and self esteem, its not easy to detach from someone if you love them (even as just a friend) but it's not easy to stay sober either and you don't need the stress.

I hope you find some peace tonight and get some decent sleep, it really does make a big difference x
Thanks, Allport. These are all thoughts running through my head, but I'm glad you put them here. You're right, I've started to feel lately like this is a one-sided friendship, he does as he pleases and I do all the work. I'm just going to have to talk to him about it (as soon as the skank he brought home last night leaves, anyway. I think I might get hepatitis from eye contact with her). If it doesn't change he has to go. That kills me, I don't want to have to kick him out but I feel like it's a matter of time before I'm back on dope if this continues.

For once in my life I guess it's time to look out for #1 and let the rest of it work out.