Thread: ordered
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
coming_clean

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
Hi CC fellow pot head here. Been clean about 5 months now, it does get easier in time. I do think it must be harder in the Netherlands where it is legal. At least around here I have to go to some lengths to find herb. I think the biggest thing is just making up your mind that you are done and just keeping it top of mind. It can be easy to slip back after awhile, saying, "just a little would probably be ok". If you are at all like me, you know better than that.

There is a lot of good wisdom in the BB. Certainly can't hurt reading it. I have read it and many other recovery books and use a little bit of all of them to keep me clean. Congrats on your 5 days, keep it up. BTW, I've found posting here and getting support and encouragment from fellow SR members to be one of the biggest parts of my "program". Take care.
yeah it sucks a bit that it's so easy around here to get it. I have three coffeeshops within a 10 min. bikeride. Makes it really tempting on lonely nights or when i'm stressed, it caused me to relapse i few time.

I almost had five months a while ago, but then I lost my cool and slipped. I made the @#$@#$ mistake to think I could moderate. I guess I am like you, it just doesn't work lol, after the first one I was completely hooked again. I'm truely starting to accept my addictive personality and luckely i'm a bit more experienced with recovery then almost two years ago when i stumbled upon this site. Since then I've grown and learned a lot. Taking it one day at a time, slow down a bit, finding peace and contentment u know the deal.

I'm still a bit to stubborn to go to AA I guess, it just doesn't feel right, however if I keep relapsing I will eventually go. I'm almost daily on this site but I don't always feel like posting...reading similar storys from people struggling with the same kinda problems helps enough as it is.

all the best..