View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Ashlee.

One of the best books I read in the past year was The Shack.

One of its central ideas is that God is a ever loving parent. He will travel any road to have an encounter with humanity - and I believe that...but so often we're not open to those encounters because of various things that are blinding us or diverting us.

I was born with cerebral palsy - I always, at a very deep level, felt I had a lot of reason to hate and resent God.

That alone kept me from any kind of spiritual connection, even tho I desperately searched for one.

Hitting the devastation of my alcoholic bottom wiped the slate clean for me - I was able to start off from scratch - it was a miracle I was alive, it was a miracle I was more or less healthy, it was a miracle that I was staying clean and sober...

I figured that maybe there was more to this God bloke than I'd figured.

Since then the more I open the 'doors and windows' of my heart, the more I break down those 10 foot walls...the more reconnected to my spirituality I've become.

Don't make a big deal of it - just find the things you're grateful for, find the miracles...and think about where they came from

D