View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
fragrantrose
seeking recovery

thanks Laura thats almost my story as well! Its not how much you drink but the negative effects that linger on and on even after managing to control with "willpower" I am so sick and tired of myself and yo-yo ing "am I or arent I" sometimes I will polish off 1 bottle vino and then a chaser of scotch ( with now ex ah partner) then next time will only have half bottle and think I am NOT an alcoholic. I am so sick of stopping and starting the longest I ve gone this year is 3 weeks at beginning and that was truly a miracle now I can only manage about 7-10 days there always seems to be some excuse that this "demon sitting on my shoulder" will tell me. Thankyou everyone for being here in this truly wonderful inspiring forum. It is truly an oasis of sanity and a godsend!!!!
I am getting desperate but dont know how to get through my sick alcoholic thinking.PS both my parents were victims of this disease my father a violent one who eventually died sober in AA and mother a daily "cup board style'' drinker who died in denial . Isnt that ENOUGH of an excuse to break the family curse so I dont pass it on to my kids and keep the cycle going. Please god HELP ME SEE THE LIGHT AND TRUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL AND GET OFF THIS MERRY GO AROUND!!!!!