View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Hey Laura, that's great news!

Just offering a couple of thoughts...

You mentioned the amount you drank and that you fell over one night...well i got into a pattern in the last years of drinking 2 bottles a night, several beers and a few large bacardis but i have no stories of falling over...ever...sure there was embarassing stuff...point is it isn't how much you drank or how long you drank for but how it has been affecting your life. You may hear stories of people drinking 24/7, 2 litres of spirits daily and the old well i'm not as bad as that may creep in...just to remind you that you are as bad as that because you fell on your ass and could have cracked your skull open! I guess you have already seen that the feelings are the same regardless of amount and frequency, this holds true for all addicitions.

Also you will want to look to get a sponsor and work through the steps as soon as you can, this is because whilst you are close to your last drunk and the pain is still fresh in your mind you have motivation and the willingness to make necessary changes...the further you get away from it the less you will deem the actual program necessary.

Easier to explain in person but if you keep going back and ask for help, you will get it...anyways hope to hear more about your journey here on SR:-)

cliff

ps no new boyfriends for a while hey, keep it simple and work on yourself for a bit hehe;-)