Thread: Illogic
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Creekryder
Cause no harm

The whole answer lays in the act of not taking that first drink. Fight like you never have done before to not take it. Once you do, the trap has sprung. As long as you drink, the trap hold you tight. When you don't, the steel begins to slowly rust. As more time goes by the trap weakens and loses its holding power. Soon you're able to twist the tensiless metal out of your way and step out. Believe me, Brother, I have been in your shoes, not more than 26 days ago, and not believing I was going to be able to stop. But I did, and it sure as hell wasn't easy. If not for SR, I doubt if I would have done it. Here it is 24 days and the cravings are lessening and I actually can feel a difference in mind and body. You bloody well can do it too. Just want to do it, and don't allow anything else enter your mind except the fact that you are going to kick off the chains.
Come here and talk like you did this evening, except don't ever go away. Over 800 people here want to see you succeed. And that gives back hope to all of us to see you try.

Peace, my friend,

Padraic