Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Goldberry

Destruction,
I send prayers for you and your sisters in this stressful time. Everyone who has shared before me has given you such wonderful suggestions and love that it has even ministered to me too. The people here are great counselors and comforters. You are here for a reason and I'm sure you will learn more and more when you keep coming back. I also have an A mom who has progressively gotten worse in her drinking and behavior. She was not a drinker when I was growing up but turned to wine in her senior years. She starts drinking sometimes in the late mornings. It is so hard to see them live this life since they are getting older and have more health issues anyway. I worry about her since she has already broken her leg and has other health problems. So far it seems she doesn't drive when she is intoxicated but really, not living near her, I am not 100% sure. That would be a whole new ballgame. I guess I would have to do something about it too. My brother and I have tried to talk to her and that has blown up in our faces. So I decided to start going on this amazing website and to an Al Anon meeting to learn what I could about this disease and how to respond to my mom etc... I am new to this too. I get to listen to what others share about their experiences and how they deal with the problems that come from alcohol. It has been most helpful. I have heard others that have similar stories like mine and can relate to what they go through. It has been so therapeutic. There is Al Anon literature that is good to read and I even went to the library and checked out some Al Anon books. They are helpful too. Just know we care and are always ready to listen. We will not tell you what to do just what we have done and hope it will help you too.
God Bless