View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Philly

Always an interesting topic- get a bunch of drunks to talk about moderation. I have never tried to moderate or control my drinking in anyway. I was a moderate drinker - 1 or 2 glasses of wine occasionally. I really didn't like anything about it so I just didn't do it. Fast forward to my 40's when my drinking career started because I thought it was my turn to party. I started liking to drink and liking the way I felt so I always wanted to feel that way. I started on Fridays and then added Saturdays and then Sundays. I am sure daily drinking would have eventually made it into my life. So here I am listening to everyone tell me I can't moderate because I crossed that imaginary line. Funny thing is I believe them and I am hoping I never don't believe that. I am at almost 15 months and don't want to ever be drunk again and the only way I can guarentee that is to not ever drink again. I listen to the horror stories. The difference for me was when I started to enjoy it. I don't think I could ever be satisfied with one or two drinks. I think that would either make me tired or make me want more neither of which sounds like something I want to do. Thanks for the topic and sorry for the ramble.