Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ashleek
FREAKING AWESOME!

Originally Posted by Lavash View Post
There are so many great stories here and all of you are so brave

Another denfining moment for me was back in 1998 when my Grandma died.
She had suffered a lot of emotional issues. My grandfather was a drunk, who didn't love her and who cheated on her. They were forced to marry at the age of 16 b/c my g'ma was preggies.
Back in the 30's, this is what you did.
In any case, my g'ma had a HARD life, so she was unhealthy and mentally sick. She never worked and there was no help back then.

She was in a home the years before she died and suffered dementia.
There were times she would know us, but mostly not. She suffered a few strokes, but the final stroke took her out.
My Mom decided not to give her a feeding tube and to let her die. I was LIVID! I loved my g'ma and was with her all the time.
It took me a week to come around to realize to let her go was the right thing.
They kept her pumped with morphine and on March 1, at 5pm, I was with her but needed to go eat.
That whole day she was breathing really bad, we knew the end was near.
I told her "Nanny, don't leave, I need to eat and will be back in 20 mins"
I came back, got into bed with her, rubbed her tummy and spoke to her. At this point she was in a deep coma for over 3 weeks.

Then about 10 mins into me laying with her, my g/ma sits up, looks at me right in the face, she has tears flowing, she takes the rosary she had in her hand, took my hand, put the rosary in my hand, squeezed my hand 3 times (this was our secret I love you, squeezing each others hands 3 times) and she laid back so peacefully and died.

I jumped up and started to call her name. My Mom was like "She's gone, she's gone"
My Mom didn't cry, I was.
My Mom said "She loved you more than anyone and said g/bye to you"

I was able to feel her energy leave the body and the room.
That moment made me not fear death at all!
Wow, that is the most powerful thing, I have coldchills everywhere and I don't know what to say. Just WOW!