Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dont know. Maybe stop focuing on the label so much.
And look at the issues. Which you did in your post.
But you keep mentioning alcoholic. Like your afraid to be labeled.
I get that.
All that matters is that if you feel you were drinking too much. ANd now you have stopped. And dont plan on going back. Than keep the focus there. It doesnt matter really what category you are in.
Most addictions are progressive. And start with this very rationalisation. Am I or arent I?
It doent matter what anyone else thinks. Its how you feel.
If you feel liek you may end up down that path if you continue to drink. I would want to stop ASAP.
If drinking is making you feel bad or causing problems in your life. Than obviously its not a good thing.
You dont have to be diagnosed to feel the misery. All that matters is there is pain there. Issued involving drinking. So if it was easy. Count yourself lucky.
Alot of people told me when I first started racovery that I needed to stop thinking so much.
I knew my life was a mess. But I am the type that needs solid facts. Explainations, and had to just pick everything apart. That just really made it way more complicated then it had to be.
If you have a problem with drinking than stop. If your life is not effected by it. Then that is up to you what you do.
I hope you find some peace and understanding.
But dont make it more complicated than it has to be..