Thread: Positivity...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Hi Neo, firstly congrats on getting sober at your young age. I completely wasted many years of my life drinking.

It sounds to me that it might be a good time to start exploring different sports, activities & hobbies that get you out & about and give you the opportunity to meet people (young ladies too ;-)

What kinds of activities/sports & hobbies do you like to do? I know I have been meeting a lot of people with healthy lifestyles through a site called Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com From mountain biking, tennis & hiking to just about anything else. The people I have met that are active "may" have a couple after their activity but that's it a couple... (I have a coffee or ginger ale).

Do they have any local co-ed sports (guys & girls) that you might be interested in. I know some young guys that are having a blast & meeting young active women while playing a sport they love & having fun.

Try some volunteer work, especially at events that attract a younger audience. Its a great way to help the community & meet new people. The other volunteers are usually great people that don't drink abusively & like helping others (sounds good to me) and yes young women volunteer too ;-)

Keep up the great work & I look forward to reading more as you progress further into your recovery. You have done such a great job so far, keep it going!

Take Care,

NB

P.S. I should add that on my day after drinking mornings I could barely do anything at all and rarely did. Yesterday I played tennis for 2 hours & went mounting biking down a local mountain (now that is a rush). Cant wait to get out on my snowboard this coming ski season to carve up the mountains.

Man... I have wasted so many years drinking (41 now), please don't look back & say I wish I didn't.

Get out there & find your passions, explore new things & most importantly have a freaking blast doing it.