Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
crzylilmndfreak

Originally Posted by miamary05 View Post
Hey party, Congrats! and keep up the good work!!

I also loved the ritual of snorting my Doc.. opening the bags,making the lines, getting the drip, it was so weird.. before I got my hands on my doc I felt so awful.. Once I knew I was getting something and it was in my hands it was like I was already high.. Like Aysha said it was my security blanket.. But I defiantly know all about being hooked on the needle.. my brother injects.. we use to get high together and I always wanted to try the needle to see if I would feel it more.. He would never let me and told me that I would end up loving the needle more than the drug itself..So I totally understand.. But I am happy to say today that being clean is the best high ever!! and you are right.. in order to fix it you have to know what you are fixing..

Keep up the good work party.. I have been reading your post since day one and its good to hear your still going strong!! Great Job and keep posting
that last line, "in order to fix it you have to know what you are fixing" really stood out to me...its like crazy is defined by doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results...you have to admit to take a step back ,and ask ourself how far gone are you really are into your addiction, and if its continuing by doing these "rituals" as i do ... not throwing stones here...i think the addict may not be in "full recovery" of their DOC, or any kind.. basic "trash can junkie" here, AND alcoholic,.... its tough as hell, ive been sober now from alcohol, (taken a few pills since) 18 months, and i am struggling like hell