Thread: new & depressed
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ashleek
FREAKING AWESOME!

I remember feeling that same way. When I was in detox they said, "when you go home you will find that your life may be boring without the drugs or alcohol". I remember thinking no it won't be that bad. Was it ever so boring. I have 21 days sober today and let me tell you for the past couple of days I haven't even thought about a pill which is a miracle in itself. Not to mention I just realized it! HAHAHAH

So, hang in there! Music helped me a lot. Turn on some good ole' head banging rocker **** and clean the house, write in a journal, sit outside, just get motivated. That is hard to do but trust me it helped me!

You need to know that that post you made when I read it I thought "well their alcoholic mind is talking to them today and I prayed for you". So honey hang in there, I stay so bored sometimes but music is my escape. It couldn't hurt to try. Listen to Pink "Sober", that song always helped me get through the day and the video on youtube of her preformace of that song made me cry (at the VMA's). Give it a try.