Thread: I am a dreamer
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Iwanttoheal

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
I backslide into that isolation easily...it's always going to be an effort for me to step away from my dark comfortable cocoon and into an uncertain situation, even if I may meet some awesome people out there.....

...I reconnect with the world of people who are not broken apart like I am.

...I knew that my tendency was going to be to stay there in my safe hidden nest, possibly forever. My damage was great.

Hoping everybody finds at least one new joy today.
I too find it sooooo hard to step into new, unknown situations but the benefits are there to be had when you find that courage to reach out to new, healthy people. I too find that it is easier to isolate myself (but I know that that is the route to depression) or to reach out to unhealthy people because that is what I know and am familiar with (but we all know that that is the route back to chaos and unhappiness).

Sometimes I think, this is just unfair, why is it so hard to interact with healthy people but I have faith (which I have never ever had before). I know and believe that it will get easier, each time I do it - guess what it is slowly getting easier and another benefit of my new awareness is that I find it easier to spot unhealthy people now - I seem to have developed a new early warning system that screams warning, warning, stay away.

IWTHxxx