View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
meditation

Addiction just doesn't stay status quo. It gets worse. And this means the consequences get harder, steeper and not just an annoyance but impact our life, others' lives. I thought about my consequences and I can find about a handful of people with worse consequences but I know of so many that got help sooner and suffered less later.
Make no mistake there will be consequences. Even on legal pain meds.... all it takes is a car wreck even if you're not intoxicated on the meds.... if you happen to injure someone else well you can still get some BAD consequences and hopefully the other driver won't be impacted. Addiction is something that we think is "all about us" and not hurting or bothering others around us but addiction hurts and impacts everyone cause we don't think straight when we are high, we think we do but we don't and please if not for yourself to end this madness and draw a line in the sand think about what could happen that hasn't happened yet. Our actions impact others. Our behaviors impact others. I hope you can find the courage to do this. I think you can do it.