Old 10-13-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dawnmha

Thumbs up Thanks for all the great advice!

Last night went pretty well and I did drink, but very little and I watered it down to keep just enough in my system to be able to sleep and not have so much discomfort. Now who knows what today will bring??

I am seeing a doctor tomorrow and what I was worried about the doctor for was do health insurance companies ever check for things like this? You know how insurance companies are today and I just had my concerns over those types of issues, but yes, I do realize how important it is to be very careful when withdrawing from alcohol.

And there are ways to wean yourself off alcohol with alcohol if you can do it without falling back into the old pattern, which is what I am wary of because I know I am an alcoholic, but I want to quit and I mean I really want to quit. Before there were the drugs that they use to wean you off, people had to just lessen their intake each day until they quit.

My goal is to be alcohol free and stay that way, I hate the symptoms of withdrawals and it is terrifying knowing that alcohol withdrawals is one of the deadliest out of all other drugs. After I get through this I do not ever want to go through this physical horror again and I hope to God I never forget that. Thanks for all the words of encouragement, especially since I am not exactly alcohol free yet, but I plan to be posting about my recovery ASAP.

Thanks