View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

I am a pretty devoted AA Guy, and I have to admit when I move to a new area I shop around to find "my people"

Perhaps try the group the male referred to "The Professionals"? I had a similar experience when I moved here, I was referred to this meeting that was a cross between "Welcome Back Kotter" and Romper Room", I mean it was a frickin Zoo, the funny thing they all spoke very badly about a group a few blocks away called "The Traditionals" full of professional people with rules like no interrupting the speaker or who's sharing etc.

They found out I'd been around awhile so they asked me to tell my story, afterwards a number of them took me outside, gave me a hug, and suggested I check out The Traditionals" LOL which I did, and there found "My People"

Different areas and different groups have different fellowships, personally, and this is just for me, I typically attend meetings in fairly well to do or professional settings as living under a bridge, or "popping a cap into some po foo" just wasn't part of my experience, I mean I ended up living on the hard hard streets of Stinson Beach for a week (lol) but shop around for your people, just for the halibut