Old 10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Fubarcdn
Resident

I am glad some of you are getting as much out of this as I am. I started to feel sorry for my friend until I saw that he did not feel sorry for himself.
I am so glad that you had a date Gypsy. You deserve good things. Let us know how it goes; at least the positive parts.
Week 4 Day 1
Doing these little challenges has made me realize that I am successful in my quests because of definition and dedication and discipline. The intelligence to define the results I want and the time frame to get them and the discipline and dedication to carry them out even when the going gets tough.
In this challenge like in the 16 week fitness challenge I see a lot of people start out with enthusiasm and then quit after it gets a little uncomfortable or boring and the ones that stick with it end up getting more out of it than they expected even though there were times when they wanted to quit.
This is true for me also so for today I am glad that I can design exercises to improve myself and have the dedication and discipline to finish them even when they appear to not be getting me to where I want to go.
My experience with quitting drinking is quite similar actually. Sometimes I want to drink because I think that not drinking is not improving my life but I have to have faith in the original plan to stop and the discipline and faith in the plan to keep at it and for that reason I will not drink.
I have that discipline to take that leap of faith knowing it will pay off in the long run.
Have a good weekend everyone.