View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Thanks everyone,

I especially like the insights about PAWS, but it seems the PAWS become Claws after a few days away from the ole bottle. The bottle is trying to claw its way back to me, and I'm running as fast as I can away from the damn thing.

Anvilhead, I like your comments about sometimes putting some physical aspect of our life in order, and those activities help alot when I'm sitting round in my soapbox. I'm painting today, caulking gaps, cleaning up the joint, cause you never know who will stop by, lol. Seriously, this recovery thing is like a circle to me, when we find what works, we just keep doing it, round and round we go. The same is true with the drink, once we start again, it's another round, then another, round and round we go. I'm glad that today I don't have to drink, because for a long time I had to drink, my personal ability to choose was warped by booze. Today, I'm buying a new grill at Home Depot, then stopping for steaks at the local market, and using the money I would have spent at the bar tonight to fix a great dinner, and I'm buying a huge bottle of Coke, no wine allowed. I have a friend who is coming by, so I'd better get busy.