Thread: Underneath
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Good Morning Sr Friends,

After a fitfull night's rest, I feel better. It's easy to lose track of one of the biggest things in my life today and that is that I'm not hungover. Today is day 39 without a drink, and that says alot to this ole drunk. I don't want a drink today, at least not now, and that's something really new, kinda exciting and scary at the same time. It's sunny and crisp outside, and promises to be a great day here in So. Cal. I'm making it my day to start construction, as Ashya and others have suggested, instead of wallowing in the mire, I'm going to get busy cleaning out the cellar, so to speak, and clean up this mess I've made of my life. I'll go slow, and try to do the best job I can, then be happy with that. It's not where you live or who you live with, it's how you live each day that matters most. Today I'm going to live the day the best I can, except maybe cheat on my diet alittle by going out for dinner tonight. I've lost 22lbs since my heart episode in June, and that's by not trying to lose it. Go figure, when I try to lose weight, I can't, but when I stop trying, the weight comes off. Is that another paradox? Oops, starting to complicate things again, best get busy doing something.

Thanks for all your help SR. You truly are a group of special people. From the heart.