Thread: How to cope
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Mcribb
Practice Sobriety

Somethings I am learnin after some days sober. When I went sober a couple years ago I expected my life to be so much better, but it still wasn't great, it was just life. I was expecting too much and not focusing on saving my body and life, and dealing with the negatives and sacrifice that would take. I am focusing having beers with the guys who going to numb mode when something costs alot of money or something bad happens, I am sacrificing that satisfaction of drinking for long term how to cope. It's hard to get things through my think skull. One day at a time wasn't getting through for me. So now it is down to ONE HOUR AT A TIME, or ONE THING AT A TIME. I had a friend invite me for fishing back at my home city. It is an hour away. I planned it forever I was looking forward to it and just getting anxious and it is hard to deal with life when you are looking forward to stuff so bad. I just had to focus on what I was doing now and not let the hours and days until the fishing trip stress me out. Make sure you reward yourself. Often I would blow off sobriety and really thanking myself as a good job because It was easy that day. Make a list, tell yourself in the mirror, what you did that day. Even if it was "I am still alive" give yourself credit.