Thread: ScrewedUpMind
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Saphie you are doing great, stay in the day, keep it simple, keep workiing at it, you will find something if you keep an open mind.

You know Saphie I spent many a year thinking I had control, I was the one in charge, heck I recall driving around a parking lot making deals with God if he would just get me a parking space........... well I would go around to the next row and there it was!!! An empty parking spot!!! Of course instead of thanking God I would say in my head "Never mind God, I Found one without you!"

How foolish I was, I spent my whole life asking God for help when the chips were down and when he pulled my butt out of the fire I was in did I give him the least bit of credit? Heck no, in no time at all I would be bragging about how I had got myself out of this jam or that!

After reaching the point in my drinking where I had to drink just to function every day or bad things would start to happen to me, I finally admitted that I alone could not stop or stay stopped drinking, I needed help!

I finally have learned that I alone can not stay sober, but WE can!

I never again will ask others or God for help and then when I get it take all the credit myself.

BTW I use the word God because it is just easier then saying "A higher Power of my understanding" God and a lot of other folks help me stay sober, do not get me wrong, in the end it is all up to me to accept the help & guidance of others and to make the right decisions, but I do not make them alone, but I do take full responsibilty for all of my actions.