View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

When I feel like that. I do just what you are doing now. Reach out to others.
Vent, talk about it. There doesnt have to be a solution all the time. Just do what may make it feel better for now. Except drink. I dont mean it in that way.
If you gotta feel like crap for a day but then feel better tomorrow. We all have those days.
Just try your best not to let it eat at you. Accept that your going to have those days.
And none of us ruined our lives over night. Its going to take time to egt back to where we want to be. But take the focus off the finish line and enjoy the trip.
Thats why we hear one day at a time.
I know I always wanted everything to happen now. I wanted results now. Thats what we are use to is instant gratification.
I have tried really hard to stay in the now and just take things as they come. Try and make the best out of what is right in front of me. And since I have been doing that. It has gotten so much easier. Alot less stress and alot less frustrating.
I just try and make it through 24 hours now. Tomorrow is tomorrow and next week is too far for me to worry about right now.
Hell I may not even get there. We aretn guaranteed that.
Just take it easy and stay in the moment the best you can.
Are you doing anything to take care of you? Like little things to sorta relax. Like I will have a nice hot green tea with honey and just sit down and focus on how great it tastes and feels. Just stay in that very moment.
Hot bubble baths are another one. I like to sit on my deck and just listen to the surroundings and think about nothing. Or reflect on how far I have come and be grateful. None of this may help. But its just a few things I have found very helpful for me.
Hang in there. 38 days is great. But do more than just put the **** down. Make it meaningful. And it doesnt take much to do that.