View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

The ripple continues to spread...

Another one of the things I really like about the sober me is how my journey has directly affected the lives of other people. A month into my sobriety, my best friend decided to try to quit drinking for the first time ever and he's now got 11 months. Another good friend recently gave up drinking and has 3 months. Both of their decisions were based directly on the inspiration, good example and thoughtful guidance I provided to them and I have no doubt in my mind that they would both probably still be drinking if I did not decide to get sober.

Well, it's happening again.

An old friend from elementary school reached out to me on Facebook and asked me how I quit drinking and if I had any advise or wisdom for him because he knows he has a drinking problem and wants to change his life but he feels stuck. So of course I told him my story and offered him all the advise I could. After a great conversation he told me that he and his young son poured out all the beer in the house last night and that he is going to make a go of it.

This all makes me fell so good. Wow...