Thread: ScrewedUpMind
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wolfchild
Disposable Hero

The foundation of my active addiction/alcoholism was the obsession & compulsion to drink & drug daily. That foundation made it possible for me to find the ways and means to get more no matter what and at whatever price. This led to the disease progressing to the point of total & unchallanged control of my spiritual, mental, emotional, & physical condition. i became extremely wrapped up in my self centerdness while trying to escape reality, responsibility, & myself. No matter what i tried, the disease always resurfaced and whatever fragile little world i had created for myself crumbled apart in pieces around me. Instead of looking outside of myself or my addiction/alcoholism, i went further into the problem to find the answears to what my life had become. The more i tried to find what was missing the more lost & confused i became.

The foundation of my active recovery are the spiritual principles of acceptance & surrender. This foundation makes it possible for me to be Honest, Open minded, and Willing to go to any lengths to stay clean & sober on a daily basis.
i stay within the solutions provided by the 12 Steps & 12 Traditions and make whatever progress i can, in humble cooperation with the God of my understanding. i go to meetings where someone can help me stay clean and where i can help them stay clean. i talk with my sponsor on a regular basis and follow the loving direction he provides. i talk frequently with other recovering addicts & alcoholics about the various situations & circumstances i encounter and listen to what worked for them. i remain teachable in learning how to live, without acting on the impulse to self will my life, and focus on what i can do to move forward.