View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ChoosingRealJoy

Couple of months for the bloating? That's really good to know-thank you so much for including that info. Maybe now I'll stop looking at my belly every 20 minutes. lol

What am I doing to stay sober? #1 - Without the haze in my blood, I'm thinking now. Bottom line - I've made my decision.

I've had 2 kids, (5 years apart) nursed them both and stayed sober for all of it. When I found out I was pregnant, I just made the decision to not have a drop because it would hurt my kids. Without being pregnant I didn't have myself convinced thoroughly that I was affecting my children. Sobering up now, I know it has. And just like when I was pregnant I have now flipped the "oh whoa is me...let me escape for awhile in booze" switch to OFF POSITION. (After a little more time, I'm ripping the stupid switch off the wall!)

Also, this time I really scared myself physically. My liver went for a loop and really hurt after this last binge. I'm sure I've damaged it and now that I have researched it all, by ned, I will not let a stupid beverage destroy my liver, destroy my relationships, put me in physical pain, and perhaps shorten my life! NO WAY!

I talk to God daily and I thank Him for healing my liver and body and for making me victorious over my alcohol addiction. I have Faith that God gives me strength and I know as long as I have that Faith that I will remain sober forever. God healed my father from stage 4 throat cancer 11 years ago, God performs miracles, God is with me and I will not fail. That's how I am staying sober.

As I said, this weekend my brother & sister-in-law will be staying with us and they love to drink (as well as my husband) - especially with football. But I know what to say and what to do. I'm 38-I'm in business-I know sales too & I'm not a bit shy. I'm certainly not going to make a big deal about it though. They can control themselves. They can stop drinking. It's not their fault that I can't, so I'm certainly not going to put anything away or only offer a certain amount. Don't worry me11109 - I'll handle it and we'll all have great time without me possibly passing out! :-) (What a concept - just kidding)

Thinking back I have some really horrible stories that came about because of my drinking. It all went wacko this year - this summer really. Our finances got really scary for awhile and so may stressful things were happening and I just chose to check out. It is literally through the grace of God that I.... wow.... I'm so blessed and so lucky. I don't want to look back though. My mother always taught me to never look back. Yesterday can never change. Today is what is important. Today is what we live for. Tomorrow is what we dream for.