View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Unhappy OT prayers for my daughter

If you could spare a few could you send some prayers my daughter's way. She is dealing with sexual harassment at her workplace, is filing a lawsuit and is being targeted by her harasser because she filed the suit. He is trying desperately to find a way to fire her and is unrelenting with his abuse of her. The owners know that this is happening since another waitress also filed a suit but they are sticking their head in the sand and not doing anything about it. When I went with Megan to meet with one of the owners she told us that there was another suit pending but that she could not fire the manager at this time. He is the one that makes the schedule and has made Megan's life hell by cutting her hours, giving her crumby sections, etc. The owner promised Megan two days a week and since then it has been a fight to get those two days. There is no follow through from the owner. Megan does not know if she has a job or not and a mutual friend called her and told her that her boyfriend who works at the same restaurant says that the manager is now saying he is going to fire Megan for eating a breadstick (they don't get breaks no matter how long there shift is) and that the Manager made the comment that he "had a wet dream" last night thinking about firing Megan and the other girl who has a lawsuit. This is a nightmare for Megan but she is still clean, still going to college and getting good grades and still trying to put one foot in front of the others. My prayer is that this man gets what he deserves. I would appreciate yours. Thanks, Marle