Thread: Some advice?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Carrie36

Some advice?

Alright, yay me I have 30 days today, however...

I have a situation. This upcoming weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. I will be spending it with my in laws, usually its a big party. For the first time this summer all the ladies including myself got together for a weekend and drank each evening, was some drunken bonding I suppose.

The girls are expecting round 2.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle this. I want to be able to spend the holiday with them and keep my sobriety. I would be lying if I told you that i didnt want to drink with them. I do, the alcoholic in me is screaming..JUST THIS WEEKEND, everyone relapses I could start again.....finding ways to rationalize it...

My alcoholism was like many of you a well kept secret from others. I'm not comfortable telling my in laws that im an alcoholic.

So im debating lying and coming up with an excuse as to why I cant drink, until im stronger and can deal better? Does that make any sense??

I dont know....I've been hvaing some acid reflux issues that ive mentioned to them recently, thought about telling them im taking medication for it that I cant drink with? So should I tell a lie to try and maintain my sobriety? I'll be honest I'm not sure I'm strong enough unless I have some sort of plan. Im afraid im gonna blow it.