View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LivingLifeMYWAY

Originally Posted by goofers View Post
I'm nicknamed goofers. I have read so many of the experiences of so many addicted to oxycodone and other drugs and the withdrawal they suffer through. Being a grandpa and retired salesman I thought it would never happen to me. I am a war vet with bad back and started going to Va hospital for help and at a point 2 years ago they started me on low dose of oxycodone with the promise of no addiction. Yeah sure.....the amounts increased to 10mg 3 times daily and while that is a small amount compared to some of the stories I read it still addicted me. I am now on day 5 of the withdrawal cold turkey, and the va is now helping me get off it by helping with the anxiety which is the worse part of it. The chills the being warm the diaherhea is about past. It is a devil drug for sure. I got through the first 5 days because of the help some of you posted and the courage you showed.
I'm proud to be a part and let you know grandpa's in their near 70's have problems too. I want so bad to be sober and I will get there despite the back pain. God is their for me and now I need to be there for him. At least I will be sober and aware of his love. Thank you all, and thank you God for the love and help.
Yes it is gramps, and it doesn't care if you're young, old, smart, rich, poor! The fact you're reaching out is a good first step. Praying for ya!