View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Quse56
Sobriety in technicolor

Money Money Money

My daughter's dad is living with me. He pays nothing for daycare, rent, utilities, food, expenses, clothes - nothing. He works 100+ hours a week teaching rising lessons, doing political consulting, teaching college, etc but I don't see a dime. He is broke ALL the time, and lives like a slob unless I pick up after him. I am SO FRUSTRATED. The saving grace? He is a great dad. But I feel completely stuck financially. I feel like I can't say a word because of my history with addiction... he is the primary custodian though we have joint custody. Because of this, I would owe HIM child support were he to file. I am in sales, so my job is not doing great. Bills keep popping up (she needs surgery) and I keep footing them. I am resentful and fearful and stuck. I have no idea how to handle this situation. I am 6 months sober and don't want to drink over this. When I ask him what we are going to do for $$, he gets upset and ashamed and tells me he is doing his best. How do you tell someone that their best isn't good enough? How do I give back without being taken advantage of? How do I get help from someone who is unwilling to give it?