Thread: How to cope
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Mcribb
Practice Sobriety

my mind is racing really fast today. When I woke up I felt good, but then I reminded myself that it is only tuesday, let's feel how it goes on the weekends. Afterall I don't start craving until wednesday or thursday. Then I reminded myself that this is alittle bit different because I am trying to quit. Then of course I just reminded myself, lets get through today.
At the meeting it was nice to see the people who have the same problems as me and wanted to get better. When I do gather phone numbers it will be alot better than calling my family or friends, they know what kind of crap people that struggle with grow through. It's starting to seep in alittle clearier, the YETS.
I have yet to loose my job, family, health. Before the thought was too horrible for me to think of with a straight face.
Like if I was 16 and smoked and someone showed me a black lung or a trachia tube. Too horrible to have it happen to me.
I was surprised to see a kid in there that went to a football game got wasted ran up a credit card bill. I doubt he makes it very far being so young and wearing a frat t-shirt but it atleast takes balls to go in there, and who knows maybe he will let it seep in.