View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dunsuppin

I got into the AA thing for 6 months, and then after going off to college once again and once again failing to be responsible, I went into a state of relapse for another 6 months.

Needless to say I got found out and through little fault of my own I went back to AA, this time eventually finding my place. I got a sponser and went through the 12 steps at a good pace...not speeding through them by any means, but not procrastinating either. I started chairing meetings and doing service work. I was going to at least one meeting a day, rarely going more than two without one. At one year sober I was the alternate GSR, and at two I was the full time GSR. Keep in mind it's not a large group by any means, but it's not tiny either, and I got the chance to do a lot of cool things with bigger picture AA.

On The Fence.

You did all that work with AA because you were an alcoholic and it clearly wasn't easy. How wonderful to have made such great progress. I think you will do what you want to do but it seems to me from all I have read that you would be taking a massive gamble with your well being and that of your family. Why do you need to drink now? Good luck xx