Thread: How to cope
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

WOW!!!!! Mcribb I would be lying if I said I was not a bit worried about your first meeting...... sadly it does happen, but not very often, most but not all AA groups make every effort to reach out to the newcomers.

I thought it was going to be really clean but once they started cussing it relaxed me.
Man that just cracked me up!!!!! I have heard the "F" BOMB dropped on more then one occasion by some folks I would never imagine using it, the odd thing is I have NEVER heard it used in an angry manner, but simply to get a POINT across!

I do not cuss like I used to, I try not to cuss in meetings, I really do not think I have dropped the "F" BOMB........................... YET!!!! Who knows I may one day find that the only way to get what I am trying to express across will be to drop it! LOL

Mcribb just keep an open mind, be brutally honest with your self, start workiing on a network by getting phone numbers of other men in the fellowship and CALL THEM!!!! That is the hard part, I really though I would be bothering guys when the newcomer called them, instead I found them thanking me for calling them, a few times I called and was told that they needed some one to call them at that time.

I love it when folks in the fellowship call me, I always try to remember to thank them for calling because they help me stay sober just as much as I could ever dream of helping them stay sober.

Another thing to be thinking about is looking for a temporary sponsor, just watch and listen to the men you see who seem to really have thier act together and have what you would like to have.

Okay I am rambling now, perhaps I should just shutup and see what you would like to know or say.

BTW did you discover face to face that you are not alone?