Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
emmanuel2012
Your Distant Friend

thank heavens thinking is not a crime. or is it?

Thought itself is indeed powerful.
It presupposes all kinetic being.
Every action taken existed first in consciousness.
People in recovery generally agree that dangerous thinking
will, without interference, lead to dangerous actions.
I am so grateful to be able to use this forum interactively
To express my thoughts, however safe or dangerous,
To engage my intellect in a healthy manner.

I have made the mistake of allowing my intellect to take control of my actions.
I have also made the mistake of allowing logic alone to make decisions.
It seems that I have actually made a lot of mistakes, learning things "the hard way"
I would like to pose a question to the community:

Dangerous thoughts are not dangerous for having, but for the potential dangerous action that may result from thinking. Right? Or is having a dangerous thought in and of itself dangerous?

I just wanted to open this topic to discussion, for lack of a better forum to discuss such topics, I chose this forum, apologies if it is miscategirzed.

Timothy Leary, Ph.D., R.I.P. spent quite a long time in prison
For possessing a (arguably placed by police) marijuana cigarette
And in court sentencing it was argued that his thoughts were dangerous
To society. Everyone knows he was in jail for promoting LSD,
Although that was never a criminal charge. They framed him for a small drug crime, and gave him a riduculous sentence for it.
An example of how corrupt goverment can be, given the authority to
Dictate who is to be allowed to live in our society based on what they believe and publish.

We live in a hive-mind society. Going against the grain, even if sometimes trendy, can lead us into problems. Thinking for yourself in recovery is even frowned upon.
Its even worse in some countries, I'm sure.
But will there ever be a "information police" or a "thought police?"

Does anyone here have emotional issues about how our society works
And what lack of encouragement we have for members of society to think for themselves, and to question authority? What people perceive as my "paranoia" or their conclusions about me spending too much time on the internet,or crazy conspiracy theories that I entertain longer than most people because I like to think things through and not immediately discredit and idea or theory based only its apparent insanity? Remember how insane they thought conpernicus was when he proposed that the earth revolved around thenot the other way around..

Everytime I get into discussions about these topics with people in person,
I end up feeling very disgruntled and confused. Maybe my views are too radical,
But maybe they aren't being respected either. if Freedom of mind and thought is not honored within society, freedom of action won't be either.

What this boils down to is that I don't trust society. Democracy is not all that great, because even if you have it working as its supposed to, the majority is still making decisions for me. I think the majority of people are generally uneducated and cannot think for themselves.

At least I'm sober and coherent today, thinking about all of this. Maybe all the LSD I took is having its way with me hahaha. But I just wanted to rant and get things off my chest here. Feel free to reply. I just don't want an argument. Please do not argue with me, I usually win LOL