View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Neo

I don't work in the city, but I used to be a rock musician so I guess I get a little of what you mean - it was never only the booze or the drugs I was addicted to - there was a certain romanticism about the whole life style too...being a rebel, a non conformist, an outlaw...

I guess I was lucky enough to quit at the right time - I was hitting 40 and growing tired of 'living on the edge' no matter how 'exciting' it was...and I'd drunk enough to now there was nothing at all romantic in that for me anymore.

Doesn't mean I didn't miss it...it's probably no coincidence that I went a little off thr rails at 90 days - I didn't drink, but I did hook up with some old mates...I'm glad I did cos I didn't like what I saw....I don't want to live any life where I had to be blitzed anymore....

I got through that nervous nostalgic period...

now...at this point in my life....I'm comfortable with who I am and what I do...
I'm not interested in where others are, I couldn't care less about labels, I'm not interested in being a rebel for the sake of being rebellious...

and I'm trying to be less and less interested in what people think of me....
It's a good place to be...and it's probably the most non conformist I've ever been LOL

D