View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saphie

WeekendConfusion

I had another dry weekend, which I'm fairly proud of. If I'm honest, surprisingly it wasn't even that tough, but I know that might have been a fluke. On Friday/Saturday the anger and resentment started: Why was I dealt these cards? Why can't I drink like normal people? etc. etc. I know I have to accept these facts because I do know that when it comes to booze I'm helpless completely powerless. This, with help I can deal with and work at. It's the other things that really get to me. All of a sudden the fog is lifting and I see all the things that seem to be wrong in my life. I'm writing seem because I don't really know if they are or if it is my alcoholic mind telling me they are and a drink will make it seem less wrong because you just don't care.
It's been like that most of my life. The grass is always greener blah blah blah and when I reached the other side I was still drinking and things were different but my feelings didn't change. Do I make sense or am I just confusing you all as well?
For once I'd like to find inner peace and feel content with life.