View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
vegibean

Originally Posted by aldo1980 View Post
my dad not only thinks i'm no good for the ******* job. he thinks i'm no good for anything in this life. and it's always been that way. no matter how hard i've tried he's always made me know i'm useless. i've never lived up to his expectations and i never will.
i ******* hate him.
Ah, aldo!! You have just said what I am feeling. Expectations. My choice my friend is to not let the expectations of another stifle me and my total whole person and well being.

I totally feel ya, been there with the family thing, I felt like I could never live up to my dad's expectations for a long time. I had to stand up to him and tell him how his comments made me feel. There was some screaming and yelling on both our parts, however our relationship improved immensely after that. My dad passed away two years ago and I enjoyed all the years I had with him on our new "terms".

On this round with my boss, I cannot keep giving until there is nothing left to give. I've exhausted myself doing the best I know I can do.

Again, I really hope that you are able to find some strength within yourself.

And while I didn't respond to your "addict" behavior, as the others have said, you make your own choices. Do what is the best for you. You deserve it!!! :ghug3